Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Strawberry-Almond Scones

My post-semester laziness has lasted about a week and a half, give or take.  I've been waking up close to lunch time and watching way more bad TV than I care to admit!  In rare moments of productivity, I casually throw a couple of items into my suitcase, or wander into the kitchen to make some calorific baked good that i will probably never do enough cardio to actually deserve... :)

entering... these scones! strawberry-almond with a buttermilk glaze.



remember when i made these scones? The original recipe from that post is so versatile that it was quite easy to modify it to suit my strawberry craving.  and yes, I fully recognize that I had the option of simply eating fresh strawberries if I actually craved them.. but that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?


^^this scone was eaten with a steaming mug of tea this morning. yum!

Strawberry Almond Scones with Buttermilk Glaze:
-Scones were made with this recipe, substituting the ginger and apples for 2/3 cup of sliced strawberries, and adding in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.

-Buttermilk Glaze: combine 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract and 3 tablespoons of buttermilk in a small bowl.  Whisk in 2 cups of confectioners' sugar.  When fully combined, add in 1/2 cup of sliced or slivered almonds. Drizzle over scones when they are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment