Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Greetings from Israel!

Hi friends! As some of you may know, I'm spending the next two and a half months interning at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.  I have been in this country for less than a week, but I'm already sensing a great summer ahead of me :) The people who i have met so far through work and my dorm have been incredibly thoughtful and considerate, and they are definitely helping me navigate the country! 

The Weizmann Institute- so beautiful!
I'm living at a cute little city south of Tel Aviv called Rehovot.  Although Rehovot's night life is much quieter than that of Tel Aviv, I've had fun exploring the town.  And by exploring, I mostly refer to trying all of the foods :)

the fruits and vegetables are incredibly fresh here, especially the tomatoes and cucumbers.  I've been eating salads for lunch everyday and enjoying the crap out of them!



last night, a friend and I walked down the main street in Rehovot, and wandered into some small shops and markets. I had the hindsight to bring my camera out on this excursion :)

imagine a shop that is covered, ceiling to ground, in fresh bread.  i cannot even begin to describe how delicious it all smelled.  i sense that i'm coming back:)

dates + nuts

a street-corner sandwich.  even the fast food here is tasty!

well, that just about sums up my first four days in Israel.  Now that the jet lag has finally run its course, I'm looking forward to traveling to many more places. Next stop, Tel Aviv!

-Meena


No comments:

Post a Comment