Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Applesauce Muffins

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! Since I'm supposed to bake for a big party tonight, I'll keep this post short. Last week, I made applesauce muffins for the first time, and they were a big hit! It was my first time baking with applesauce, but I'm definitely going to use it more often now :)  

Best wishes for 2013!

-Meena

Applesauce muffins (1 dozen):

2 Cups of flour
1/2 Cup of sugar
1 Cup of Applesauce
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy milk or regular milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, soy milk, vanilla and oil.  Fold the dry ingredients into the applesauce mixture until a thick batter forms.  Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment