Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Roasted Potatoes and Carrots

Hello there lovely readers. my goodness, i can't believe it's been over a week since I've posted something on this blog! Thanks to a whole hurricane of midterms, homework assignments, and life in general, I've been feasting on pretty much nothing nutritionally acceptable or worth posting on the internet for the past week.

But now that all that's over, I'm back to gushing over everything related to pumpkins (like every other fall-obsessed New Englander), and cooking classy meals for myself.   Let me tell you, it's good to be back:)

Since exams leave me feeling hungry and like I just ran a marathon,  I decided to make a totally carbalicious roast with potatoes and carrots, flavored with garlic, rosemary, and sage.

for the longest time, I thought that throwing vegetables in the oven was a cop-out. is it really "cooking" to cut up some potatoes and carrots, stick them in the oven, and hope for the best?

Since the constraint that I like to affectionately call "school" happens to be a major factor in my life right now, i've come to the conclusion that this is still cooking. And it can taste really good with the right spices! moreover, your whole kitchen will smell amazing for like three hours.


Also, potatoes and carrots happen to be cheap:) which is great, since I've been spending way too much money on eating out (shhh, don't tell my parents!).  


yay, food! have a great weekend:)

Roasted Potatoes and Carrots:
1.5 lb small gold potatoes, quartered
3 to 4 large carrots, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt
Pepper
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced finely

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and sage.   Pour the olive oil mixture over the carrots and potatoes in a large bowl, and transfer the vegetables to a baking dish.  Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown.  Cool for few minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment