Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Mushroom Kale Soup, and the Common Cold

It's that time of year again, people.  The time when summer turns to fall, and the time when everybody and their mother is sniffling, coughing, and rushing to the store to buy DayQuil and soup.

Unfortunately, I'm in that group this week.  I'm that kid who sits at the back of an exam blowing her nose so loudly and spilling tea that the TA glares at her. yup, two thumbs up for her.

where would i be without my herbal tea collection? probably not some place happy.


ok, that's probably enough venting for one post. The fact of the matter is, when you're sick you crave soup. (and you just want your mommy to fly 4000 miles across the country to feed you said soup. or maybe that's just me)

I made this mushroom kale soup two weeks ago, back when I had no signs of the common cold. i'm still working on refining the recipe, but i think my first attempt was quite delicious! I encourage everyone to try some version of mushroom-and-kale-in-a-broth soup.  it's totally worth it.  Mine looked like this:



Sadly, I don't have any of it left, and i'm now making do with orange juice and stale cereal. oh, college.

I promise I'll be better soon and have more interesting food to talk about!

-Meena

No comments:

Post a Comment