Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spur-of-the-Moment Everything Cookies

 

These are my everything cookies.  They were mostly an experiment that turned out well enough for me to post on the internet :)  Anyhow, the reason I call them everything cookies is because they have peanut butter, honey, and oatmeal.  That's almost everything cookie-related, right? it's probably not (they don't have chocolate for one thing), but you get the idea.



Originally, I had just wanted a peanut butter and honey snack cookie; an adaptation of the peanut butter and honey sandwich, if you will.  At the last minute though, I decided I'd throw in some oatmeal for good measure.  So that makes this (dare I say it?) a breakfast cookie!  well, I ate one for breakfast, anyway.


mmm, cookie dough...


As someone with little patience, I always have trouble spooning out the dough to make perfectly round cookies, but a few of them turned out quite nice:) 


Spur-of-the-Moment Everything Cookies: 
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup instant oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in small bowl.  In a large mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter.  Add in the egg, honey, and peanut butter, and mix well.  Fold the flour mixture in and mix until the consistency is even.  Add in the oats and combine.  Spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until cookies are light brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment