Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Orange-Blueberry Cookies

Remember those cookies I showed you some time ago? Well, the recipe's back!
 

But this time, instead of throwing in all of those butterscotch chips and peanut-butter cups,
I decided to incorporate some lovely blueberries that I had bought on sale at the market.


In my excitement, I bought two whole pints of blueberries! Even though I just wanted to eat them by the handful and have my fingers stained blue, I managed to pull together a batch of blueberry pancakes as well as save some for a batch of cookies.

I wish this could be every morning.


The cookie recipe itself is pretty typical, but it's amazing how adding just a couple of new ingredients can change them so much!


I used both orange zest as well as orange juice in this recipe.  I love the flecks of orange that the zest adds to the batter.


These summery cookies turned out a little more muffin-like than I expected, but I still absolutely loved sharing them with my friends, along with a tall glass of almond milk.  


Here's to a happy summer!

Orange Blueberry Cookies:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.   Cream together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.  Add in the vanilla, egg, and orange juice, blending well.  Mix in in the rest of the dry ingredients, adding the orange zest and blueberries at the end. Spoon the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.  Allow cookies to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.


1 comment:

  1. price: 5/5
    quality: 5/5
    seasonal availability: 2/5

    good job meena

    ReplyDelete