Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Festival of Paper

A couple of weeks ago, my friends and i started seeing street banners for a paper festival in Rehovot.  I don't know about you, but when I think about a paper festival, I picture tiny booths of delicate stationary and weakly built origami cranes.  boy, was i wrong! i'm glad i took my camera with me, because we saw some of the most exquisitely made paper artwork and sculptures at the festival :)

 
after a few minutes at the festival, we scurried around the different booths- "this is made of paper!! wait, and this too??" I was pretty much in awe the whole time, and didn't stop taking pictures.


and now, my favorite one- a paper witch, with her owl!

I'm not sure when I'll next attend a paper festival, but I'm so glad I went to this one.  It is truly amazing to see what people can do with the simplest of materials.  I wanted to buy one of the small paper cards, but I was told that I had to wait until the end of the three-day festival to purchase them. Oh well.  I'm happy that I have these pictures to remember the experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment