Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches

yesterday was my 15th first day of school.  gosh do I feel old! gone are the days of new outfits and new backpacks; now i get to worry about pricy textbooks and scheduling conflicts. funsies.

anyways, its not all bad. if there's one thing that's been constant through all of my years of schooling, it's been my best friend Sarah.  That girl is amazing, and for every first day of school that i can remember, she's made a cucumber cream cheese sandwich for lunch.  She even made me a cucumber cream cheese sandwich when i left for college!

This year, I decided to honor the tradition and make one myself:)




as you've probably gathered by now, there isn't too much to this sandwich.  cucumber + cream cheese + bread = sandwich, right? close.  i like to dress it up a little by mixing the cream cheese with some lemon juice and white balsamic vinegar, and sprinkling the cucumbers with freshly ground pepper, like so:


yup, i think that's about it.  super simple, super delicious, and just a small tradition i felt like sharing.  (tradition, tradition!  fiddler on the roof, anyone?)

now excuse me while i go pester my TA about homework assignments:)  i promise i'll post something super yummy later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment